Monday, November 5, 2012

Going to the dogs...

I can't believe this is the first post about Selphie Fi Beaglemation!!  I proudly introduce you to our princess - Selph.  I am sure I have mentioned her before, and some of you might be surprised to discover she is our dog.  She is a part of our family, not just a pet.  If you have never had the pleasure of living with a dog then you won't understand when I say that she really does make the days brighter.  She is lovely and faithful and just the best dog ever!  She is our little girl.  Stinks even calls her his sister - yes I know people think that is strange but like I said, she is part of the family.

Selph came to us as a rescue from Ohio.  She was put on a "Puppy Trail" and traveled across the states to meet up with me on my birthday 8 years ago.  She was so tiny and adorable we just fell in love immediately.  Despite her original claim to be a beagle, Selph is now the wonderfully protective and faithful 120 pound dog we love.  (Needless to say she is NOT a beagle :-D)

Now seeing she is such an important part of our family we do like to spoil her just as much as we spoil the Stinks.  We normally make her a homemade treat for her birthdays.  Her first birthday we even through a party - don't worry it was just us and her we didn't send out invites or anything like that.  This past year I decided to make her some peanut butter treats - cause have you met a dog that doesn't LOVE peanut butter?

PB Oat Balls for Dogs

  • 1/2 c Milk
  • 1 c Peanut Butter
  • 3 c Oats
  1. Mix the milk and peanut butter together until creamy.  
  2. Slowly add in the oats until all incorporated.
  3. Roll into balls and place in a sealed container in the refrigerator.  
  4. Feed them to your puppy and watch their enjoyment!
I know that the recipe says for dogs, however they are obviously made with ingredients safe for humans as well.  I have tasted them - cause I taste everything I make for her, I am weird remember?  They aren't that bad, though if I was going to make them for human consumption I would most likely add some honey or agave for sweetness.  I have added carob to these before (if you add anything in you might need to adjust the milk to make them stick better) as a special treat for Selph.  She does seem to love them, but again - they contain peanut butter so why wouldn't she?!  They last for a good month in the fridge - if you can make it to the month mark, and they are freezable.

If you are a pet loving person like we are, give them a whirl for your dog.  In the meantime here are a bunch of pictures of our lady - isn't she gorgeous?!
The birthday girl turns 8.  She was relaxing on her big day!

"Did you hear that?!"

No worries - she was just playing here :-D
(don't mind the crazy amount of dog hair either - she sheds like CRAZY
when playing!)


Even Selph has a sophisticated palate.  She LOVES seafood -
sushi included!

No comments:

Post a Comment