Tuesday, November 20, 2012

3 Month Mark

As I am sitting here eating my "Cool Cuts Perry the Platypus Pizzeria Salad" I realized that today is the three month mark of my journey.  Though I am not seeing the same magnitude of results I saw during the first month, I am going to say that I am still happy with my progress.

I knew the weight loss would slow down - there was no way I would be able to keep up losing 3-5 pounds per week, but it hasn't STOPPED so that is good.

Due to a weekend trip out to eat, I have noticed that my eating habits have DEFINITELY changed.  I am not saying that I CAN'T eat anything and everything, but I can tell you that my body will let me know when I do.  After a particularly greasy meal I found myself CRAVING an apple.  As a matter of fact I think I ate an entire pound of lettuce that night as well.  I have also noticed that it is getting easier to walk away from certain foods - though let me tell you having a cake in the house was NOT a good move and it ended up in the trash so I wouldn't eat it.  I am still asking for a to-go box at the beginning of my meals when we are out and that is also still going really well.

My energy levels seem to be on the rise again.  I noticed that after having Stinks I would be in bed - not necessarily asleep, but in bed - very soon after I put him to bed.  Now this could have been due to being sick, but over the past year I think it was just due to being a lazy slob.  In the past three months I have gone back to my normal 11 or later bed time and I am getting up at 6 without feeling like a wretch.  I also am no longer huffing and puffing after running around with Stinks - always a good thing.

Finally I  noticed that I have increased my walking speed at least 1.5 mph.  I know it doesn't seem like much, but in my opinion it is huge.  Think about it - say when I started this journey my average walking speed was 2 mph (it wasn't I am just using that as an example).  Now, three months in I would be walking at 3.5 mph.  I think that is great!

And now for the numbers.  They aren't as great as I would like them to be so please excuse the lack of enthusiasm.  36.7 pounds lost in 3 months.  That is 12.23 pounds per month.  I have slowed down so much I feel like the 40 pound mark is very far away, but I am not giving up.  I will DEFINITELY reach that mark by the end of the year - I am hoping to reach the 45 pound mark by the end of the year.

I would say all in all I am in a positive place right now.  Don't worry, I am sure the scale will hate me in the next few days and I will be posting about how I am stuck!

1 comment:

  1. I understand the past two pounds have taken FOREVER to come off. I am being content with the fact that my blood work was great and my doctor is happier hearing that I am full of energy than she is about the number on the scale!

    The holidays aren't really filling me with dread. I am thinking I will eat one good sized meal on Thanksgiving and fill in with fruits and veggies for the others. I am a little worried about the cookie swap, but that is just cause I LOVE cookie batter and I normally make 16 dozen cookies - a lot of batter to be stealing a taste here and there. As for Christmas, there is always giant bowls of fruit salad and regular salad. I will bring a low calorie dish as well and I will save all my calories for my mom's PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE :-D

    All in all I think I have a good handle on it. I over ate about a week ago and I felt HORRIBLE the entire rest of the day in addition to having a HORRID night's sleep. Keeping that day in mind I think it will be easy for me to stay within my calorie goals - or at least not go too far over. I am planning some fun touches - like white hot chocolate for christmas morning, cinnamon roll pancakes etc... but if I plan it out in advance I think I will be able to manage.

    I should also point out that my family is now super supportive. (In addition to a good number of them joining me on a journey) so if I do start to over eat I am hoping one of them will smack me in the back of the head :-D

    ReplyDelete