Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rice Pudding

I have realized that most of the recipes I have posted lately are due to my mother.  This one is no exception.  I make rice pudding about three times a year - Mother's Day, my mother's birthday, and around Christmas time.  Can you see the correlation? I was never really a fan of rice pudding, though after making it for so many years I think I might (almost) be ready to give it another try.

Rice Pudding

  • 3 c Rice, cooked
  • 3 c Milk
  • 1/2 c Sugar
  • 1/4 c Margarine
  • 2 Cinnamon Sticks
  • 1 t Vanilla Extract
  • Ground Cinnamon (for garnish - can use chocolate or another garnish of your choice)
  1. Combine all ingredients in a heavy pot over medium heat.  
  2. Stirring constantly until mixture thickens.  
  3. Once mixture thickens to pudding-like consistency transfer it into a glass/ceramic dish to cool.  
  4. Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.  





There is really nothing to this recipe, it is very simple.  Like most desserts, this isn't exactly the most caloric friendly recipe.  If you create 8 servings, they come in at 200 calories a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment