Monday, October 29, 2012

Lemony Crinkle Cookies

I had such high hopes for these cookies.  I am posting this recipe as is because Brian said they were good.  In my opinion they lack lemon.  I will need to double the lemon juice and adjust the flour the next time I make these.  Now I am not normally a fan of crinkle cookies cause, well, they make a HUGE mess!  My mother (or an aunt) always seems to make chocolate crinkle cookies for our christmas cookie swap, more power to them.  Eight dozen crinkle cookies, I can only imagine the chocolate and powdered sugar mess that I would make.  Anyway, as I told you all with the lemon bars, I love lemon so I was willing to deal with a crinkle cookie if it meant wonderful lemony goodness.  To me these taste more like a sugar crinkle cookie with a SLIGHT lemon undertone.  I will have to jazz them up a bit.

Lemony Crinkle Cookies

  • 1 c Butter or Margarine, softened
  • 2 c Sugar
  • 1 t Vanilla
  • 2 Egg
  • 2 t Lemon Zest
  • 2 T Lemon Juice
  • 1/2 t Baking Powder
  • 1/4 t Baking Soda
  • 3 c Flour
  • Confectioner's Sugar for dusting
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and lightly grease your cookie sheets.
  2. Beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.  
  3. Add in the eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.  Mix until well blended and slightly fluffy again.
  4. Slowly add the remaining ingredients.  Dough will be sticky.  
  5. Roll heaping teaspoons of the dough into the confectioners sugar to coat and drop them on the greased cookie sheets.  
  6. Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, or until the bottoms are barely brown and the cookies have lost their sheen.  
  7. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.  This is important cause if you try to move them too soon they will crumble.
  8. ENJOY!
The recipe makes about 6 dozen cookies (on the smaller size).  They are good, they just seem to lack the lemon kick I was looking for.  I haven't given up on them yet.

The cookies come in around 55-60 calories/ cookie.  Not bad all things considered.  If you like lemon, not strong lemon but lemon, then give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment