Tuesday, October 2, 2012

41 Day Update

Who needs nice round numbers?!  Not me :-D

At the time of this post's creation I have been on my journey for 41 days.  That number seems a lot bigger than it feels.  Almost 6 weeks.

In that "almost 6 weeks" I have lost 22 pounds, to hopefully never find again!  The "plan" is working for me.  I get my exercise (more when stressed - but that is another thing all together) and I get to eat whatever my heart demands, as long as it demands it in moderation.  I am feeling more spry* and am thoroughly enjoying making all the new recipes I have "pinned" or stashed away in folders.  The hubby is doing GREAT - darn those men for making it look so easy.

I have a draft for a post titled "Stuck".  Instead of publishing that post, I have decided to address it now.  I am well away that losing (and average of) 3 2/3 pounds a week is not going to keep happening.  I have tried enough and heard enough to know that there is normally a plateau or back slide.  I just didn't expect it to happen prior to the 20 pound mark.  For what seemed like FOREVER (on my "almost 6 week" journey ;-)) I was stuck.  I wanted so bad to break that 20 pound mark, I could almost taste it - it tasted like chocolate.  :-)  Yet there I was, one pound away and not getting any closer.  I exercised more, still nothing.   I did what I used to do on WW - I recreated the EXACT meals I had eaten the week prior when I HAD lost weight - nope, that didn't make the scale budge.  I was frustrated.  Now this only lasted for about 2 weeks. Which, looking back, now makes me realize I need to calm down but when you are in it you don't have that foresight.  Every time this has happened in the past I would get angry.  I would think about all the things I "gave up" and yet got no return.  This time, however, was different.  I didn't feel cheated.  I didn't feel hungry or drained.  I felt supported.  I realized that this time around it is working because it is different.  No matter what that scale said I KNEW I was doing a good thing.  I could feel it.  I also have support - and lots of it.  Between family doing the "plan" with me and family/friends showing their support ( even if it is something as simple as not trying to kill me when I count the calories in EVERYTHING on the table at a party) - I CAN DO THIS.

I have said it before and I will definitely say it again - THANK YOU!!  Obviously from the second paragraph you know I am no longer stuck.  Until the next time - hopefully I will remember this post - or maybe one of you can remind me of it when you see the post titled "Stuck" show up.

*any one else feel that the word "spry" just isn't used enough in every day conversation?!

No comments:

Post a Comment