Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Green Monster



Fenway Park


Seriously, did you get chills?  I know I am a giant tomboy (do people still use that word or have they moved on to jockette yet?), but there is just something about going to that park and watching a game.  Now if you are a true Red Sox fan - a LOYAL fan, then you haven't jumped ship for the Birds to the south just because the Sox are sucking it up this season.  I was raised a Sox girl, I will die a Sox girl; through the good and the bad I will still root for good old Red Sox - be them Pawtucket or Boston.

Speaking of old (you like that segue?), Fenway Park celebrated 100 years this year.  Call me crazy, but that ceremony teared me up.  In the past few years I have spent more time at McCoy than Fenway.  Let's face it, I can see about 12 games at McCoy for the price of one (decent seat) at Fenway.  This year McCoy was the place to be actually, seeing most of the major league team did a rehab rotation there anyway :-D.  Forgetting all of that, Fenway just has that feeling to it.  Brian and I were lucky enough to be given Loge Box tickets for a recent Sox/Orioles game.  From the moment we got out of the car, a half a mile from the park, I had a grin splitting my face.  I am a HUGE baseball fan - you know, one of those people that will yell at the TV, listen to EVERY GAME, and spew statistics.  Fenway is the holy grail to my kind.  Even with the Sox doing so poorly this season I was jazzed to be there.  The park itself is gorgeous to me.  I have been to Camden yards (before I am asked), it is ok - but it is no Fenway.  Our seats ended up being right at first, the night was gorgeous, the Hood Blimp was present and I only had half a beer spilled on me.  If you are a baseball fan you will understand the allure.  Even if you aren't a Sox fan, you have to give it to us; our park is great.


Any one else out there a Sox fan?  I love arguing or just discussing - and this season there is a LOT to discuss!!

I leave you with some wonderful pictures of our visit...





No comments:

Post a Comment