Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hometown Girl

Vacations are new and exciting adventures (most of the time) to new and exciting places.  That being said I am a hometown girl!  Don't get me wrong I love to travel, yet leaving the country is not something that I have an itch to do.  Every time a friend or family member goes to the Caribbean or Mexico I reassess my thoughts of staying on US soil.  One of the best experiences of my life was our trip to Hawaii.  The sights were amazing and I cannot wait to go back - wouldn't that amount of contentment be perfect to have for less then 12 hours on a plane?  However I can't determine if the peacefulness that was felt on the islands could be duplicated out of country.  In Hawaii I was comfortable, I was safe. 


All the stories I have been told about not being able to leave a resort are not something I want to experience.  I enjoy knowing that I will not be denied medical care in an emergency.  I like that I am recognized as a one of the group.  I also enjoy exploring my surroundings.  Not to mention the fact that I would not want to bring Linc to a place where I did not feel completely sure.  Maybe I am crazy and need to get over my "Country Pride".  Heck the first step would be to get an updated passport!!  

If I did conquer the fears and anxieties (or simply not want to spend the extra money) where should we go?  Any suggestions?  

3 comments:

  1. Paris France! I've been there and I loved it. There is so much to see and do there too. The wine is the best I have ever tasted. Seeing Notradome in person was amazing. The Mona Lisa at the Louvre is cool too. It was the best expirence. The French are happy if your try to speak their language even if it isn't too good. It is just neat to walk around and see the little shops and clothing stores. If you like coffee try the cafe o lay (coffee with milk). I perfer 2 lumps with it. The funniest thing there is that if you ask for water they ask gas or no gas! lol meaning carbonated water. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does not leaving the US soil include Canada? Niagara Fall was beautiful and I think that should be one of our trips in the future. Traveled to mexico 2x and that is enough for me. St. Thomas, Bahamas, Coco Cay, Dominican were all beautiful but it is always good to come home. Strangely enough Hawaii is not a place I desire to go. My all time dream trip is Greece. I will get there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ok I should have clarified that I consider Canada part of the US. We deal with Canada so much with work and I know a LOT of people there. I have been to Canada, and Niagara Falls (yet Brian has never been - THE HORROR!!) I have NOT been since they required a passport for travel though, so it has been years. Yes Niagara will DEFINITELY have to be a trip for us, I think I should invite the Shea family along when you decide to go Aunt Laurie!

    Alaska is a dream of mine. I would LOVE to cruise the Aleutian Islands!!! I had a few friends (and some family) take those cruises and they said it is the best thing they have ever done.

    I did NOT expect to love Hawaii as much as I did. Both Brian and I were pleasantly surprised at our love of the islands! I think it is the life style that just infuses you!! Of course we all know I am a NH girl at heart!!

    ReplyDelete