Monday, March 7, 2011

April showers bring...

MUD!!  Springtime is when most people are thrilled to be leaving the cold snowy winters behind.  I have heard so many people in the past few days exclaim how spring is around the corner and they couldn't be happier!

I appear to be the only exception to the jubilation.  Spring is my least favorite season.   I know it is a time of "rejuvenation" and blooming etc, however all the ingredients that go into the blooming make me want to pull my hair out.  I am not saying that I enjoy watching flowers die, having to close up the pool, or even keep Linc inside!  Yet, there is nothing quite as disturbing as the perpetual "wet dog smell", the massive amounts of mud tracked through EVERY building, or even the days that cannot decide if they want to be a nice comfortable 60 or a bracing 30.  My allergies act up and I spend the the months between February and June fighting for breath and leaving piles of tissues everywhere.  (Hint everyone: buy stock in Puffs!)  And seriously does anyone LIKE looking at melting snow full of dirt and animal excrement that just seems to linger?

I am sure many will feel I am being harsh - what is just a little mud?!  Spring is just not for me - I appear to have reverse SAD (seasonal affective disorder - a better acronym I have never seen).  Spring is just the lead in to summer, which is simply the place-holding season before the wonderfully perfect Fall!! (But that is a blog for another day :-D )

1 comment:

  1. I am ok I guess with late spring - as long as it isn't too wet!! By the time Linc's birthday rolls around it has normally leveled out a bit. I don't know I just love the air of fall and winter and the sights of summer. I do have to admit that there have been some Easter's that have been great weather-wise, so I guess not all spring is horrible!

    ReplyDelete