Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pizza Crescents

Brian's "Work from Home" lunch!
If you have perused all my recipes on here you have probably noticed a reoccurring theme:  pizza.  We like pizza in this house.  We are willing to try any incarnation if the title says "Pizza" and thus pizza crescents were born.

Today I was looking for something to make for lunch.  Brian was working from home and I figured a nice hot lunch is just what we could use.  Looking in the fridge made me drag my feet in making anything super involved.  I was originally thinking pizza muffins but they can be oily at times and I wasn't in the mood for all that pepperoni.  I then contemplated zucchini bites, but I wanted Brian to be happy about lunch so that was vetoed at well.  Finally I settled on something "new".  This is probably the easiest and least thought inducing menu item I have ever made.

Pizza Crescents

  • 1 can Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls
  • 16 slices of Pepperoni
  • 4 Light String Cheese Sticks
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Parmesan Cheese for sprinkling
  1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
  2. Unroll the crescent rolls and place 2 pepperoni slices and half a string cheese on each wedge. 
  3. Roll the crescent rolls up like you normally would.  Be sure to pinch all the edges closed to keep the cheese from melting out.
  4. Place the crescents on your baking dish.  Sprinkle them with italian seasoning and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
  5. Bake until the crescents are golden brown.
  6. Serve with pizza dipping sauce and veggies.  ENJOY!
Isn't that the simplest thing you have ever read?  They took NO TIME to make and were pretty yummy.  The only issue with these is that they aren't exactly calorie friendly if you have a BIG appetite.  I was content with eating 2 rolls and a bunch of cucumbers but if 2 rolls isn't going to do it for you then the calories count could add up!  Seeing there are eight crescent rolls in a pack, I decided that 2 rolls would be a serving size.  The pizza crescents come in at about 265 calories per serving (see what I mean about big appetites having a higher calorie count?!)  I can honestly say that my 2 rolls filled me up plenty though and they weren't oily or overly pepperoni flavored like the pizza muffins can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment