Wednesday, October 24, 2012

STUCK DARN IT

**I apologize in advance for my annoyed and probably whiny post - I need to get it out of my system.  The good thing about a blog is that if my writing is annoying you too much you can just stop reading :-D**

It has been a ROUGH week on the yellow brick road to "journey"-ville.  About a week ago I posted how I have been following my journey for 60 days and that I am down 29.3 pounds.  I had wanted to delay that post in the hopes that at the official two month mark I lost the .7 pounds and I could say I was down a solid 30.  Well that was the HOPE.  It has been a week and I haven't moved at all! AT ALL!

I know I need to step away from my scale, but I enjoy seeing the numbers go down - WHEN THEY GO DOWN.  I step on the scale at night and do the math for the morning (yes, I am female and yes I can fluctuate 2-3 pounds between my morning weight and my end of day weight - why do you think I always try to get the earliest appointment at the doctors office?).  I think "tomorrow it will go down", then the morning comes and that damn scale laughs at me.  It is stuck - the same number staring back at me for a week - I want to scream!  I have been doing my 2-3 miles a day and in the past week I have even added 20 minutes of yoga every night.  I am staying within my calorie/fat/sodium/carbs/protein goals.  What gives?!

Ok so in the midst of my pity party I have to admit that I am still feeling great.  I notice clothes fitting better (or way too loosely).  I am definitely slimming in areas and my energy level has been great.  I know that these are all results of my continued commitment to my journey.  Part of me is berating myself for writing the above drivel.  Trust me I know.  The fact that I know doesn't make it any easier to stomach.  I am working hard at this.  It doesn't come naturally to walk away from food I want, it is hard and I want the results to show.  I know I am being impatient.

I will end this with a focus on the positive.  I now crave my 2-3 mile jaunts on the treadmill.  I look forward to my yoga every night.  I positively ENJOY researching and creating all the wonderful recipes to fit in with my journey.  I am still loving MFP.  I should have posted this rant there, it would have gotten a lot of feedback.  Brian is still super supportive and I am proud of the progress I have made so far.  I want to keep going.  I knew it wasn't always going to keep up at the pace it was (though I was hoping I would see at least a LITTLE change in the course of a week).  I am in this for the long haul and I have my mind wrapped around that.  I walked away from the plate full of lemon squares today.  I knew that if I ate more my night would be full of regret.  I can't even complain that this is a setback - it isn't.  It's a stalemate.  I will continue and progress will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment