Friday, February 8, 2013

Quinoa Doughnuts

Zucchini bites and pizza muffins are always a big hit in this household.  We apparently like little muffin/doughnut shaped food that is easily dip-able.  With that in mind I have been researching other "mini-muffin" foods.  There are broccoli bites - which I haven't perfected yet but they are close, hash brown cakes, rice balls... the list is never ending.
Today I decided to take a stab at quinoa bites.  Seeing I was also making zucchini tots (a current favorite here) I turned the quinoa bites into quinoa doughnuts.  Not sure if I am a fan.  I think I will have to keep tweaking here and there to get the perfect taste. They are a lot like the pizza bites in the sense that you can put whatever you want in them to create the taste you are craving.  Here is how I made them today, the * ingredients are those that create the "base" change around everything else to create your own masterpiece.

Quinoa Doughnuts

  • 2 c Quinoa, cooked*
  • 1 c Carrots, shredded*
  • 2 Eggs*
  • 2 T Flour*
  • 1/4 - 1/2 c Cheese, Shredded (your preference)*
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Parsley
  • Onion, diced
  • 2 cloves of Garlic
  • Season Salt
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease 2 doughnut pans (or 2 mini muffin tins, 2 regular muffin tins - it is really up to you).
  2. Combine all the ingredients and divide between the tins.
  3. Bake at 350 F for 25 - 30 minutes.  
  4. ENJOY
See they are super simple to make!  I am just not sure I am a fan of the carrot base.  I was going to try zucchini, I will let you know how that works out.

If you give them a try let me know your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. These look great! My partner jokingly said, "I wonder if there are quinoa doughnuts," and I quickly googled to see if there were. That led me to your blog. I'm looking forward to perusing your other good ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete