Sunday, August 26, 2012

Shanghai Cucumbers


  • 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce 
  • 1 tablespoon of Rive Vinegar (I use a little less)
  • 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil
  • Sesame Seeds (I use toasted)


  • Cucumbers

This recipe has been a LIFE SAVER.  I am not sure if I am the only one, but there are those times when you just CRAVE something salty.  Most people would go for a bag of chips - I am more of a popcorn or cheese curl girl myself.  Well, when the craving hits and I am trying to be good (I mean Adventure Suites is calling me), I have found myself reaching for this recipe instead.  

At the beginning of every week I will make a batch of this up in one of those little tupperware snack containers.  The ENTIRE SAUCE RECIPE is ~77 calories - it lasts me at least a week (I dump any left over at the end of the week and just make a knew one).  I am a cucumber girl in a cucumber house.  My house can easily go through 8-10 hot house english cucumbers a week.  (We eat regular as well, but Linc makes me scoop the seeds to I have taken to buying english.)  I take that 77 calories and divide it into 8 (because I normally have AT LEAST one serving left at the end of the week) and just add the 10 calories per day to my calculator.  I know that this recipe isn't for everyone - you have to like soy sauce and sesame oil.  I cut up my cucumbers and dip them into a small saucer of sauce - seeing I don't like them to SIT in the sauce.  Give it a try - if you like the ingredients - and let me know how it goes!!





I know it doesn't look like a lot, but i just dip the cucumber in and then eat it, I am not soaking or scooping so it really does last me the entire week!  






No comments:

Post a Comment