Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am on a banana kick - in case you haven't noticed!  Well at least we are all getting our potassium - no leg cramps for us!  These cookies don't have that "crunch" of a cookie so if you are looking for that these aren't for you.  They are actually very fluffy and more cake-like.  Actually the consistency reminds me a LOT of the pumpkin spice cookies from earlier this year.

They are SUPER yummy despite the lack of crunch!  I enjoy oatmeal cookies - I just love the texture the oatmeal gives to the cookie - add in some bananas and chocolate chips and you have a keeper!

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 2 c Flour
  • 1/2 t Baking Soda
  • 3/4 c Butter or Margarine, softened
  • 1/2 c Sugar
  • 1/2 c Brown Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 1/2 t Vanilla
  • 1/2 c Mashed Banana - about 1 large banana
  • 1 c Oats
  • 1/2 - 1 c Chocolate Morsels
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
  2. Cream your butter or margarine with the sugars and egg. 
  3. Add in the vanilla, soda, and banana.  Mix well.
  4. Slowly add in the flour and oats. Mix until well combined.
  5. Finally add the chocolate morsels - I like to mix them in by hand so they don't break up too much.
  6. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake until risen and slightly golden.
  7. Allow cookies to rest on the sheet for a minute or two before removing to a cooling rack.
  8. ENJOY
Just as simple as a chocolate chip cookie recipe!  This recipe made 4 dozen cookies - I can't tell you the last time I actually got 4 dozen cookies out of a dough, normally I eat at least 3-5 cookies worth!  They come in at about 70 calories per cookie - COMPLETELY WORTH IT!  In continuing my banana/peanut butter/chocolate obsession, the only way these could get better would be if they had peanut butter!  (Of course it could be as simple as adding in peanut butter morsels with the chocolate ones!)

Try them out and let me know your thoughts - I need to pick a couple cookies for our annual cookie swap and I just can't decide!





No comments:

Post a Comment